|Hospital||Breast Conservation Rates||Five-year Overall Survival||Disease Free Survival||Sentinel lymph node identification rates||Sentinel lymph node false negative rates||Lymphoedema Rates||Re-operation Rates|
|Singapore General Hospital/NCC||31.5% (Stage 0-IV)1||93.5% 2||80.2% 2||86% 3||16.7% 3 13.5% 4||NR||54.3% 5|
|National University Hospital||29.2% (Stage 0-IV)6||50.2% (Stage III)6||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|Kandang Kerbau Women’s & Children’s Hospital||31.0% (Stage 0-IV)7||NR||NR||NR||NR||NR||10.3% 8|
|Tan Tock Seng Hospital||39.1% (Stage I,II)9||Approx 90% 10 (Stage 0-III)||NR||91.5% 11||13-34% 11,12||NR||33.9% 13|
|Changi General Hospital||23.3% (Stage 0-IV)14||87.5% 14||76.6% 14||NR||NR||NR||NR|
|MammoCare||85.7% (Stage 0-IV)15||97.1% (Unifocal) 16 (Stage 0-IV) 16 95.8% (Multiple) 16||92.5% 17||96.2% 18||0% 18||8% 19||0.8% 20|
NR: Not reported at time of compilation 31 Dec 2017
- Chuwa Esther, Yeo AW, Koong HN et al. Early detection of breast cancer through population-based mammographic screening in Asian women: a comparison study between screen detected and symptomatic breast cancer. Breast J 2009;15:133-139
- Wong RX, Kwok LL, Wong FY. Screening uptake differences are not implicated in poorer breast cancer outcomes among Singaporean Malay Women. J Breast Cancer 2017;20:183-191
- Yong WS, Wong CY, Lee JSY, Soo KC, Tan PH, Goh ASW. Single institution’s initial experience with sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer patients. ANZ J. Surg 2003;73:416-421.
- Wong J, Yong WS, Thike AA et al.. False negative rate for intraoperative sentinel lymph node frozen section in patients with breast cancer: a retrospective analysis of patients in a single Asian institution. J Clin Pathol 2015;68:536-40.
- Chuwa Esther, Tan VH, Tan PH et al. Treatment for ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) in an Asian population: outcome and prognostic factors. ANZ J Surg 2008; 78: 42-48
- Chang GH, Chan CW, Hartman M. A commentary on delayed presentation of breast cancer in Singapore. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev 2011;12:1635-1639.
- Teo SY, Chuwa Esther, Latha S, Tan Yah Yuen. Young breast cancer in a specialised breast unit in Singapore: clinical, radiological and pathological factors. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2014;43:79-85.
- Lim GH, Pineda LA. Applicability of oncoplastic breast conserving surgery in Asian breast cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2016;17:3325-8
- Woon YY, Chan MYP. Breast conservation surgery-the surgeon factor. The Breast 2005;14:131-135.
- Chan PM, Bok AC, Zhang Tj, et al. Mastectomy rates remain high in Singapore and are not associated with poorer survival after adjusting for age. SpringerPlus 2015;4:685
- Ang CH, Tan MY, Teo C, Seah DW, Chen JC, Chan MYP, Tan EY. Blue dye is sufficient for sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer. Br J Surg 2014; doi: 10.1002/bjs.9390
- Lu Q, Tan EY, Ho B et al. Achieving breast cancer surgery in a single setting with intraoperative frozen section analysis of the sentinel lymph node. Clin Breast Cancer 2013;13:140-5.
- Alrahbi S, Chan PM, Ho BC, et al. Extent of margin involvement, lymphovascular invasion and extensive intraductal component predict for residual disease after wide local excision for breast cancer. Clin Breast Cancer 2015;15:219-26.
- Wang WV, Tan SM, Chow WL. The impact of mammographic breast cancer screening in Singapore: a comparison between screen-detected and symptomatic women. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev 2011;12:2735-2740
- Tan MP, Sitoh NY, Sim AS. Evaluation of eligibility and utilisation of breast conservation treatment in an Asian context. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2014;15:4683-4688
- Tan MP, Sitoh NY, Sitoh YY. Optimising breast conservation treatment for multifocal and multicentric breast cancer: a worthwhile endeavour? World J Surg. 2016 Feb;40(2):315-22.
- Tan MP, Sitoh NY, Sitoh YY. Does changing classification for multifocal and multicentirc breast cancers alter breast conservation rates? The Breast 2017;32S1:S69.
- Tan MP. Surmounting the challenges of sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancer in non-tertiary centres and community-based practices. ANZ J. Surg 2006;76:306-309.
- Ung OA, Tan M et al. Complete axillary dissection: a technique that still ahs relevance in contemporary management of breast cancer. ANZ J Surg 2006;78:516-523
- Tan MP, Sitoh NY, Sim AS. The Impact of Intraoperative Frozen Section Analysis for Margin Status in Breast Conservation Surgery in a Private Hospital Setting. International Journal of Breast Cancer 2014;2014:715404.
Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
38 Irrawaddy Road, #06-21
Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
Phone: (65) 6694 1706
Mount Elizabeth Orchard
3 Mt Elizabeth, #11-02,
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
Phone: (65) 6734 4880
Mon - Fri: 9 am to 12:30pm; 2 pm to 5 pm
Sat: Strictly by Appointment